January 31, 2013

Card Me Thursday - Valentine's

I am going to be more organised this year... no really I am *wink*. 

So here it is end of January and I have my Valentine Card for Hubs finished too ...WOOT!  My card was inspired by Julie Dinn from her blog post HERE!


 While Julie uses MFT Stamps and Die-namics... I used Carta Bella's 'Beautiful Moments' 6x6 paper pad, my Silhouette Cameo, my Epson printer and a white pen!

 
This whole card, apart from the ribbon and string was cut with the Silhouette.  I created most of the the pieces myself in the Silhouette Studio program.  The hearts were cut in two sizes, one slightly larger.  I used kraft coloured cardstock as my base for all pieces, except the pocket.  The pocket and the red and pink hearts were cut from the Carta Bella paper. 
 
 
Assembling was the super easy part... glue small hearts to larger hearts, use a white pen and draw on patterns and stitches.  Punch holes into the top layer of the card.  Assemble the card layers and place pocket on the front.  Don't forget to wrap a piece of ribbon around your pocket before gluing down... I didn't and it was a pain to add it later :doh:. Place hearts into pocket... I used glue dots to keep them in place and stamp your sentiment.  I actually created my sentiment in Photoshop and printed it onto the cardstock using the Epson printer. 
 
That's it... a cute Valentine's Card, made in record time thanks to the silhouette.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment