August 21, 2012

Get it Sorted - Mini Magazine Holders!

Hi Folks,

Despite having a cold for the past week and going away for two days on a work conference the week before, I have been really productive... hmmmm I'm sure I don't have to be sick or go away to be productive...lol!

From my craftroom today are these super cute Mini Magazine Holders...


I saw this post on the Simon Says Stamp blog - Remember Special Occasions and immediately knew I had to make some of these mini holders to hold all the cards I make.  Hey, I just might have the right card... for the right person... for the right occasion... on hand!  No more having to rummage through my card box only to find I don't have a suitable card :) 


I used a template for the holders from Martha Stewart's blog and adapted the template for my Cameo to cut.  As I wanted six holders this sure saved me time and no creative cutting (wonky cuts) was involved...hahahaha


The lower part of the holders are wrapped with various scrapbook papers and two rows of washi tape add around the top.  The Calendar labels were also cut with the Cameo, I then circled the dates of importance with a red pen.  The little pegs in the corner hold two calendar months together and I can also use them to hold notes for a particular month, like the one for September - Father's Day 1st Sunday... well it is here in Australia anyway!

This was the first time I really got to play with my washi tapes, I think they work well with the papers don't you :)
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment