June 21, 2012

Card Me Thursday - Creativity Card

I love pieced cards, when I saw a tag made by Kaz {The Little Shabby Shed} in this post Water Colour Inspiration I did a little hurrah of excitement!  Now Kaz used distress markers on her tag but alas I was still waiting for mine to arrive, ah well that means it's a good time to improvise...


Using a white card for the base I inked it all over with distress ink.  Then I cut up some manila card for the top pieces.  I very lightly inked the stamps to be used in the background with different coloured archival ink and stamped onto the manila pieces.  Once dry I then used black archival ink to stamp the main images.  I inked all the edges with distress ink and sewed by hand around each piece.  As a finishing touch I added some metal doodad's.

I love the sewn look so much I may just have to do this too all cards...lol, ok maybe not!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment