April 21, 2012

A Cut Above - Day 3

Hi Folks,

I just have to say I am having an absolute blast playing with my Bigshot for the A Cut Above classes.  Day 3 had us creating shaped cards (see below), I never thought these would be so quick and easy to make.
For this little card I used a shiny chocolate paper for the background.  On top of that is a die cut piece from the KaiserCraft Bonjour 61/2" paper pad, crochet flower and pearl, plus Tim Holtz stamp and distress ink.

Card No.2 was die cutting a shape out of the card... so I did a butterfly :)



Side view shows the cutout better.  The hole is backed with acetate, then I die cut the butterfly again from blue glitter paper and popped it back in the cutout.  The butterfly and sunflower (upsy daisy) dies are from MFT, the leaves are from Tim Holtz mini tattered flower die.  Once again the inks are Tim Holtz distress inks and glossy accents on the sunflower centre!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment