February 05, 2012

Tim Time!!

So I had me a bit of Tim Holtz time yesterday, not the man himself of course but I did play with lots of his products. I love, love, love the vintage, distressed, grunge look but my efforts to-date were a bit sad to say the least so imagine my joy and delight at finding Tim Holtz products... heaven. 

I put together this card for my Daddy who will be 79 this year... O_O.  There are not a lot of Vintage male themed cards out there in cyberspace, or didn't appear to be by the Google search results returned so I had to wing it a bit...


I used a manila coloured 61/4" x 41/2" card for the base and inked around the edges with Burlap Distressed Ink.  Paper is from - Vintage Timeless 61/2" Paper Pad, I ran this through my printer to add the Telegram message.  Again I inked the edges with the Burlap Distressed Ink and used a pair of tiny scissors to distress the edges.  Three different coloured Distressed Stains were used on the chipboard cogs, then edged with Burlap Distressed Ink.   The charm was something I found in my stash and the clock was cut from a transparency, these I then attached to the card with a Trinket Pin.  

Once I had the basic idea of what I was going to do it didn't take long to put the card together at all.  I love the result, so I am going to mark that as a WIN for my first vintage male card.

Oh and word of warning if you decide to Google search Vintage Male Cards, the results may not be what you are expecting.  I felt my eyes open a little wide at some of the images and I think I am pretty broad minded...lol!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment